About Us

Spellman Monument Company, Inc. • 800 Community Drive • Sauk City, WI 53583 • (608) 643-8241

Spellman Monument was founded in 1915 by William Spellman. The business was located at 615 Phillips Boulevard in Sauk City.

In 1954, Mr. Spellman sold the business to W.J. "Shimmel" Coenen. In 1966, Shimmel's son-in-law, Paul Miller began working in the business and in 1982 was followed by his wife, Jeanne (Shimmel's daughter) who took over secretarial duties. In 1996, Paul & Jeanne's son, Jason, began his employment with Spellman.

In 1998, Shimmel passed away and ownership transferred to Paul & Jeanne. In 2005, after 90 years at 615 Phillips Boulevard; Paul, Jeanne & Jason sold the property and purchased a lot in the Sauk City business park at 800 Community Drive.

As current owners, Paul, Jeanne & Jason look forward to the years ahead and serving the Sauk City and surrounding communities with all your Monument and cemetery related needs.

Spellman Monument is a member of the Monument Builders Association of North America.